Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Welcome Ye'elah Tzohar!

Last Wednesday the country celebrated Tu B'shvat, the new year of the trees. The very  next morning my daughter-in-law and son were in the nearest hospital delivering a new baby girl to the world. They called from the delivery room to tell us about this little (actually not so little - over 4 kilo - 9 pounds!) miracle which God sent.  
Friday I went to visit the newbornYe'elah, barely a day old, in Sroka Hospital in Be'er Sheva. 
I joined big sister  Gali now 3 years old and big brother Eytam  who will be 5 in a few weeks. Ye'elah, who had not yet been named slept peacefully through the visit. 
 She was born the day after Tu B'Shvat, the new year of the trees, a time when the almond trees begin to bud. In Israel it has turned into a celebration of nature. 
We wouldn't have been surprised if she were named for a tree or a fruit. Her name reflects the family's love of nature and alludes to the graceful  Negev gazelle and is used poetically to allude to a graceful and gracious woman. 

Now I have to add a picture to my banner. I will wait till I can get a shot of her with her eyes open



5 comments:

Batya said...

MAZAL TOV!!

Leora said...

Mazal tov! Glad you included the lovely gazelle. So nice to have such joy in your family.

Anonymous said...

Mazal Tov !


BTW I am not a robot (many think I am) but those letters are tough on older eyes

KT
Amerbro

gutscheine zum ausdrucken said...

very good comment

Rivers and Roads Until I Reach You said...

Thank you for being you

Related Posts with Thumbnails